Getting Ready For Your Headshot On-Location
Getting Ready For Your Headshot On-Location is provided to help you be best prepared for your upcoming headshot with Mark Jordan.
Our post is divided into two parts:
1. What to Expect
2. Home Preparation
1. WHAT TO EXPECT
Firstly, be comforted in knowing that your session with Mark Jordan will be brief. Mark has been creating headshots for nearly four decades and will have you on your way in about 2 minutes.
It’s also worth noting that the information below is provided for you not to memorize, but rather so that it might sound or feel familiar during your brief session with Mark. Other than possibly rehearsing your standing “pose,” your primary concern is relaxing, having fun and enjoying the lively process.
Following are helpful tips to ensure you look your best, which Mark will direct you to DO:
• Position your body away from the camera, turned at about 45º
• Stand and relax naturally with all your weight on your back foot. Front leg will have a relaxed, natural bend.
• Turn head straight at the camera with eyes focused at the lens. This yields a trustworthy and credible persona.
• Relax hands/arms at your side, or in pockets – whatever feels natural.
• For a natural feel, slightly tilt your head (10-20º) with the tilt toward your back shoulder (equals strength and confidence).
• Relax, have fun, and enjoy the process.
• Standing straight-on at the camera like a brick wall.
• Turning head away from the camera, causing you to look through the corner of your eyes, which looks sneaky and untrustworthy.
• Tilting head toward the front shoulder, which communicates weakness and timidity.
• Positioning hands at your core/crotch, which broadcasts you’re uncomfortable and unsure of yourself.
2. HOME PREPARATION
PREPARING FOR YOUR HEADSHOT ON-LOCATION BASICS
1. The WEEK Before
2. The NIGHT Before
3. The DAY Of
PREPARING FOR YOUR HEADSHOT ON-LOCATION WOMEN
1. CLOTHING (Blouse, Jacket/Dress, Scarf)
PREPARING FOR YOUR HEADSHOT ON-LOCATION MEN
1. CLOTHING (Shirt, Jacket, Tie)
Should you have ANY questions regarding any aspect of Getting Ready For Your Headshot On-Location, please know that no concern is too small.
Master of Photography
International Photography Hall of Fame & Museum
EPCOT Center World’s Greatest Photography Award
Family Portrait of Excellence & Dedication Award
International Loan Collection Award – 11 Time Recipient
Portrait Photographer of Excellence Award – America, Norway & Germany
Orange County Photographer of the Year
American Society of Photographers